My Shopping List
Steak Kabobs and Wild Rice with Mushrooms
Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Prep Time: 20 Min.
Cook Time: 10 Min.
Marinate: 6 Hrs.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1 lb. boneless beef round tip steak, cut 1 in. thick
+ 1/2 small red onion, cut into 3/4 in. wedges
+ 1 small yellow summer squash, cut lengthwise in half then crosswise into 1 in. slices
+ 1 small red or green bell pepper, cut into 1 in. pieces
+ 2 Tbsp. water
+ 2 Tbsp. coarse-grain Dijon-style mustard
+ 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
+ 2 large cloves garlic, minced
+ 4 tsp. vegetable oil
+ 1/2 tsp. coarse grind black pepper
+ 2 c. thinly sliced mixed mushrooms such as crimini or shittake
+ 1 pkg. (6 oz.) wild rice blend
What to do:
1. Cut beef steak into 1-1/4-in. pieces. Combine marinade ingredients. Place beef and marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hrs. or as long as overnight, turning occasionally.
2. Heat 2 tsp. oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add mushrooms; cook and stir until tender. Remove and keep warm. Meanwhile cook rice according to pkg. directions, omitting salt and butter. When rice is done, stir in mushrooms.
3. Soak eight 9 in. bamboo skewers in water 10 min.; drain. Remove beef from marinade; discard marinade. Alternately thread beef, onion, squash and pepper evenly onto skewers. Place on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, uncovered, 8 to 10 min. for medium rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally.
4. Serve kabobs over wild rice.
* Recipe Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Calories: 348; Total Fat: 9g; Saturated Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 75mg; Total Carbs: 36g; Fiber: 1g; Protein: 30g; Sodium: 712mg;